Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ode to Charlie Rose

Charlie, oh Charlie,
I'm writing this prose,
Proclaiming your interviews
give me great repose.

I fathom your insights and
choice of interviewees,
Abandoning my habit
of eating Joe Louies.

You saved me from a travesty
worse than living death,
It's the numbing of my mind
through conventional media myth.

It isn't because you're tall and...
...oh that charm,
Or that your questions
sometimes subtly disarm.

It's really because you're open,
like new breezes,
You bring in guests
from all cultural reaches.

The mix makes me confront
the beige of my life,
and commit to writing beyond
the pale of my present strife.

I tell you this, Charlie,
without regard for future hoping,
That if you were open to it,
I'd be open to some groping.

Charlie, oh Charlie,
This long-awaited Ode
has meant I'm moving ahead
to destinations unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment